View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Kindle 3, replace screen

As some of you might know, I recently received a Kindle 3 with a broken screen to experiment on. Today popping it open I found out it is a 3g kindle, while mine is just wifi. So I thought, why not swapping the screens?
Now I'm asking to you, is this a good idea? I know every screen has its own waveform, but I don't know if it's stored on the motherboard or on a chip of the screen itself. So it could be either painless or more convoluted...
Of course having the original unit where I would be taking the screen I should have also its waveform somewhere in its memory, but I don't know where it is and how to flash it on the new unit. Any advice is welcome!
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote