View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 06:51 AM   #14
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Problem es: if the history book is read by a person and the romance book by 20, it's reasonable that, if you want to treat the same all the patrons, you purchase 1 history book and 20 romance books. Same purchases of every genre, if there is not the same reading percentage, is not treating fair all the patrons.
I'm not suggesting equal purchases of all genres; I'm suggesting equitable treatment, so that people who prefer more serious reading get a proportionate claim on the library's resources relative to their reading. The person who reads one history book every two weeks (you doubled my comparative figures, but since I made them up, it doesn't matter ) doesn't need five history books each week, but they should have that one every two weeks. However, that would devastate circulation numbers.

Circulation numbers are a handy tool, but they're a very rough approximation of satisfaction overall.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote