View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #35
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Which does not include /var/local (it is on a different partition).
The Amazon system update images do not include end-user data.
It can't, the end-user data does not belong to them, it belongs to the end-user.
I am not sure I understand what you are conveying with this message.. Anyway, what I meant - excuse my poor english - was simply that I never made use of that booklet, I didn't even know anything about it (nor I never launched koreader on this PW4: I simply installed it because I had it on my PW3), so... it can't be that the "thing" that messed up my database.

Now, everything is fine and as it was, I could very well close the thread. Yet, I am very curious to know what might have happened! Too bad I don't have any log to share of that period!
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote