View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #17
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_J_Lath View Post
The table of contents and chapter breaks aren't really a problem - a book with only numbered chapter breaks doesn't need a table of contents, and I was advised that page breaks need to be left out because they do not translate well across formats.
Well that's one opinion I guess. Personally I prefer a TOC in all my books (although it's not a deal breaker). As for things not translating across formats that sounds like a problem with Smashwords' conversion software as I've never had a problem with them coming through fine when using Calibre for conversion. It would be nice if Smashwords would let writers who want to spend the time making their books look the best bypass their auto conversion meat grinder.

As for what readers think about chapter/page breaks...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86312
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote