View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I have Motorola cell phone more than 3 years and it has replacable battery but I never replaced it. What is the reason to replace battery if it works fine for 3-4 years? After 3-4 years people can replace cell phone or eBook reader if something wrong with battery. I don't think that replacable battery is very important feature for eBook readers.
I've got another for you:

When we go on holiday, we generally go with a tent. We don't need electricity (it's only a small tent). Now, let's assume I've an e-ink reader. We'll be going at least 3 weeks. So, that's 3 weeks without electricity. 3 weeks without a chance of charging any batteries. That's not problem for my camera because I have two batteries. It's no problem for my phone as I'll have that turned off unless I need it to make an emergency phone call. But, after two weeks the battery of my e-ink device is dead. It would have been very handy if I had the possibility to bring a spare battery. This is why I like user replacable batteries (and why we always bring a photo camera with us that takes ordinary AA batteries)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote