Thread: Book Formats
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by puremagic View Post
I have the PRS505, and am wanting to start and buy some books other than waterstones.

I have looked at booksonboard, fictionwise and a few others. I am very confused about the formats.

I do have digital editions on my laptop so is it just the adobe version I download.

I just use the standard Ebook libary that I got with my 505. I'm nervous about calibre as I dont want to muck it all up. I have read about a new sony software update but could not find anything on the uk site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sarah
You shouldn't overlook the books formatted for your PRS505 here on MobileRead. True, the books here are classics and free for the taking but that includes thousands of books that have enriched reader's lives for centuries.

The very low cost of MobileRead ebooks allows you to experiment with PDF and RTF formatted books from the "Miscellaneous" formatted books section of the MobileRead Forum. Just click on the heading, "eBooks," near the top of this page and chose either BBeB or Miscellaneous from the drop-down menu. BBeB is the native format for the Sony Reader and gives you books that are always readable, but the Sony can render PDF and RTF formats as well. PDF books formatted for a 6-inch screen generally work out well, but most other PDF formats are too small to read comfortably except on a computer monitor.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote