View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #594
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Well darn. I just looked and my version has that same narrator; I was looking forward to that one.
You can still give it a try if you already own that one, maybe you will like it fine. Tastes vary a lot. Also keep in mind that I am a non-native speaker; exaggerated accents will sometimes put me off because they are hard(er) to listen to for me. I had the same problem with the narration of Stephen King's 11/22/63 when I listened to the sample at Audible, but I wanted the book so much and there wasn't another version available (there sometimes also are British versions up at Audible.de along with the American ones). It turned out that I liked after all, still I gave the narration only 4 stars, not five because for my ears it wasn't flawless.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote