View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #99
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontaylor7 View Post
Katsunami, that's nice. It seems you might be allowed to have done what you did.
Migh be allowed? Give it up already. The law of my country specifically and clearly states that I'm allowed to. I'm not going to do illegal stuff and then post it onto a message board. I'm not an idiot (most of the time).

Downloading and/or cracking software is not covered by Thuiskopie. You are right about this. I have mentioned it also, in passing. It is illegal to use without permission or crack software for which must be paid, even for personal use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontaylor7 View Post
2. None of your law matters if the book or dvd was sold in the usa.
So all USA laws are above any others? I don't think so. Still, I know that the USA thinks that, and therefore I very rarely buy anything from the USA If I buy a paper book in the Netherlands and then decide to make my own eBook out of it because the publisher has none, I doubt that the publisher from the USA will one day sue me, not even if I would post it everywhere to read in Arial point 78. As long as I don't provide that eBook as a download anywhere, I'll not be in trouble.

Also, the case of Mr. O'Dwyre is again very different. He created a website, linking to material he did not own. (I find it very strange he could be sued for creating a search engine....) For the bazzillionth time, I don't link anything. I don't provide anything to anyone.

I have no knowledge with regards to owning specific types of software such as CSS decryption software. However, we don't have software patents in Europe and the Netherlands. That makes that we can own / create / sell / use a lot of software that would be illegal in other contries.

And this thread is about eBook formatting (possibly done by yourself), not about the legality of owning CSS decryption software.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-09-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote