View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #8
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
very catchy. i like it. it reminds me of "pester" which is a french verb meaning "to complain loudly about something which annoys you."
How... very French *where is that duck-and-run icon?*

pester
–verb (used with object)
1. to bother persistently with petty annoyances; trouble: Don't pester me with your trivial problems.
2. Obsolete. to overcrowd.

[Origin: 1530–40; perh. aph. var. of empester, impester to tangle, encumber (though pester is found earlier than these 2 words) < MF empestrer to hobble, entangle < VL *impāstōriāre to hobble, equiv. to im- im-1 + pāstōri(a) a hobble, n. use of L pāstōrius of a herdsman or shepherd + -āre inf. suffix (see pastor);

I guess the English nicked it from you guys, but I wonder where the hobbling herdsman comes in?

Seriously though, do a thread/poll. I'm sure there's enough creativity in this community to come up with something really cool.

Last edited by acidzebra; 08-15-2008 at 04:50 PM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote