View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #324
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks, my mistake. After I posted last time I finished reading the story on the web page - I had assumed it was just the first chapter. It was fun, and I think could have made a good full-length novel.
Oh, I would love to read that, too! That would be cool. I am a sucker for time travel and parallel worlds.

So, what else have I listened to this month?

Finished the Librivox reading of After London by Richard Jefferies. If you are interested in early science fiction, I recommend it. The audio quality is quite good, too.

Also finished listening to the third (and last) part of the anthology Welcome to Bordertown, edited by Ellen Kushner and Holly Black. The stories in this anthology are written by well-known authors who apparently were all fans of the Bordertown series when they were younger. So beware, this is more of a Young Adult book, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. If you want a sample, there are at least two stories that have been podcasted:

Shannon's Law by Cory Doctorow

The Rowan Gentleman by Holly Black and Cassandra Claire

I also listened to The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I had already read this a couple of years ago and loved it. The alternating points of view of Claire and Henry are realized with two different narrators, which was brilliant. You could never get lost this way. Highly recommended.

More classics: The Wonderful Wizard of Ozby L. Frank Baum, narrated by Anne Hathaway. I have listened to another audiobook of this story years ago which I didn't like nearly as much as this one. Hathaway really brought the characters to life.
Marrella is online now   Reply With Quote