View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post
I have very mixed thoughts about this book. There are lines, and more rarely, passages that are really nice. He has brought out a few characters who will live on for me, though I truly liked none of them. By the end of the book, I was ready to toss all of them into the nearest deep body of water!
If anyone in the book deserved a happy ending, it was Nicole. She seemed to undergo a maturation process that went hand in hand with the progress in her mental stability. I don't know that there were any real villains, but Dick Diver's character was surely the most tragic. While Nicole overcame a lot of adversity and grew stronger in the process, Dick nearly totally disintegrated and became much smaller and petty by the book's end

Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post
...And why in the romance month? That makes no sense to me. I'd nominate it for melodrama month. (If I nominated it at all, that is )
Are you saying we need a melodrama month?

Yes, despite all of the romantic entanglements, I wouldn't consider it a romance either. It seemed to belong firmly in the drama category.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote