View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #35
lanooz
lanooz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickredding View Post
Would you check your Kindle Touch software version and see if Amazon has pushed an update? I'm scratching my head over why Touch and Fire behaved identically and now appear to be different. It's possible that Amazon is doing something special when delivering docs from Instapaper to Touch but that seems a bit far-fetched to me because it's way too specific.

I think most of the issues with Amazon are due to them being simple-minded (e.g. assuming there's no issue with setting the EXTH doctype to PDOC for everything emailed to a Kindle, regardless of the setting in the original). The old Kindles (V1, V2, V3 at least) don't look at the doctype and use the MOBI type to determine if a doc is a newspaper or magazine. The Fire (and, it seems, the Touch, at least initially) don't do that--rather they look at the exth doctype, and hence the problem with emailed docs. I'm thinking Amazon pushed an update to Touch that changes this behaviour.
Hm..there is no update available for my kindle. Maybe it takes time to roll the update for everyone?

Last edited by lanooz; 01-13-2012 at 09:50 PM.
lanooz is offline   Reply With Quote