View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #65
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Ok, I was too happy. I just found there are problems with Romanian characters, while theFrench characters are displayed well. No problems, however, with the default reader w.r.t. fonts. Are the unicode fonts supported?
please try this: find a correct font for romanian characters and rename its files according to FAQ, then copy to cr3/fonts.
let us know the result

Quote:

On a different, unrelated note: how would starting CR work on the new Kindle Touch, as it does not have a keyboard in the first place?

Thank you (again).
in the first place there should be a jailbreak for Kindle Touch to use CR on it which doesn't exist for now.

Quote:
then is there a mean to have CR as the default reader on kindle and run the original one as needed? Or, maybe, to alter the device menu and allow to initialize Launchpad and run CR from the menu, instead using the keypad?
This sort of things need a hack to change KindleOS's behaviour which is not related with CR directly.
Maybe one can write a script for you to launch CR on every boots.
Quote:
Am I right that CR is better than the original reader on the Kindle device even when reading MOBI, PRC, AZW books? If the answer is "not", what I have missed?
You cant read DRMed mobi files on CR, also there is not whispernet and active content support on CR.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote