View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #48
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
So somehow being available as an ebook in the US would transform a book that only seems to be literary into one that really is literary? Gotcha.
Please see post #28 (and your post it was in reply to).
Quote:
I can't help thinking that your issues are related to format and disinterest rather than literary merit.
Think what you like. I did think the book looked interesting. It's not like it was poetry or a play, something that I would be much more likely to skip.

I have 2 criteria for reading a book now, it must pique my interest, and it must be available as an ebook (where I can get it).

I would love to broaden my horizons a little and read some "literary works". There are a ton of "must read" literary books out out there in ebook form, and I'll never have the time to read them all. I'll just take a pass on this one and join in the next month when one is chosen that is in ebook form.

I don't have anything against pbooks; If it was only available as a stone tablet, or papyrus, I'd skip it also.

I hope everyone enjoys this months selection, see you all next month (hopefully).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote