View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Imp Librarian (great cataloguing program)

Imp Librarian is freeware by L. Landwehr.

This is a program I found last year that is extremely easy to use and very powerful. It is a great .IMP cataloguing program.

Features:
- has extensive help within the program i.e Help menu
- can dump your .IMP database to a .csv file (IMP.txt) for later importing into MS Excel or equivalent (I modified the program to delimit the fields with the '|' (vertical bar) as I had some files with ';')
- can change your filenames to 'author - title' format automatically
- can view selected .IMPs
- can edit selected .IMPs (I found some files edited by Imp Librarian that could not be edited properly afterwards with GEBLibrarian - use with extreme caution & use on backups until you're sure this works for you!)

EDIT: yes, it has been confirmed here that if you edit the .imp and increase/decrease the number of letters of any field, then the .imp file will become corrupt. Overwriting just the existing letters should still work.

As always, enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Imp Librarian.zip (132.5 KB, 795 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-25-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: added confirmation that .imp may become corrupt when editing their meta data
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote