View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
It is set in the metadata in formats that have metadata, but what does that have to do with it? It works like any other bit of metadata. I just don't understand how it could shift on you.
That's the confusing part, until you run into a book you're adding that has the date field set in it all you've seen was today's date. But all of a sudden you got a copy of some PD epub from a friend, add it to calibre, and expect it to have today's date like the last 840 books you added but it places the date from the epub's metadata and poof "the date has shifted".

It is non-intuitive for that date field to be part of the metadata (I know it is) the published date or created date are intuitive concepts but this is just some random date that doesn't seem tied to anything. I too thought that date column meant date added to the library, but every now and then it has a mind all it's own (because the date was set previously by another and entered in metadata).
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote