View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Personally I try to use the versions of programs that are in common distributions because I think it is a great advantage if people can build the application without much trouble. This of course has the disadvantage that you might have to work around bugs and other limitations that are fixed in later versions.
Well Debian is particularly bad, on a more up to date distro like say Gentoo ~ (which is what I use) the calibre source tree builds just fine. Even on Ubuntu Jaunty if you install the dev packages it will build, though certain parts will not work/have bugs because of the older libraries.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote