View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Desi View Post
Without changing Filenames, is there an alternate way to easily sort books within a series into the same series when exporting them to a reader on the iPad?
I don't know what you are asking for here. Guessing:
  • CC never changes metadata embeded in a book.
  • You have no control over the file name when "exporting" from CC. In fact, the Android version doesn't even have the concept of "exporting". The iOS version does because that is the only way to pass a book to a reader app.
Quote:
I use Comic Zeal which tries to do this automatically. It works beautifully when all the comic books have the same name, but I have series with different comics in them all ordered according to a custom order.
It depends on where Comic Zeal gets the information. If it gets it from internal book metadata then you can use calibre's plugboard feature to set the metadata inside the book however you want. If Comic Zeal gets the information from the filename then the filename must be however you want it, either using calibre or CC templates. Both require resending the book if the data changes.
Quote:
Sure, I could just sort them manually in Comic Zeal. I could also just delete them from Comic Zeal since they are already on Calibre Companion. I guess I'm just wanting to explore this option first.
The intent of CC is that it be used as the library manager. A reader app is used for exactly that, to read, not to be a library manager. If you want a reader app to be a library manager then perhaps CC isn't the right tool.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote