View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #1009
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfenhorstm View Post
Hi readers

The most annoying thing if you import a folder of books is to quality check the metadata. So my idea would be:
First step: check the author name against Amazon/wiki/bol whatever.
If the author name is valid mark it as valid in a user defined field.
Second step: check the titles of the marked authors against Amazon/wiki/bol whatever.
If the title is valid as well mark the book as valid in the user defined field.
Third step: move the valid Books from the import database to a valid database.( That's the way i do it manually. At the valid database i do all the other quality checks like case and so on. If i'm happy with the result I move everything to my 100% database)
From my experience 80% of the books are valid and to handle the leftovers would be much easier and quicker.

What do you think?

regards

Matze

Matze:

See the existing plug-in/add-on at: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247425

It currently comes with a database of over 20,000 valid authors in all of their name variations, and that database can dynamically be updated automatically by you for authors that you consider 100% valid for a fact certain.

Its workflow already is what you describe, and is shown in a diagram within the plug-ins User Guide (attached to the OP).

It also currently comes with a database of:

• ~ 4,194 Book Awards that it can create Tags for automatically.
  • ~ 559 Author Pseudonyms that it can update a custom column with Automatically.
  • ~ 13,497 Author-Series-Book combinations for the Series and Series Index of which it will automatically apply to books as needed

Its Original Post has many resource attachments for you to peruse, including the User Guide.

It is not a "tool bag", but rather a set of tools that are designed to be used in a mostly predefined sequence. The menu ToolTips plus the User Guide explain what the sequence is.

The plug-in is not appropriate for everyone. The OP states what type of user would be successful using it, and conversely, the types of users who should not even install it or try to use it.

Good luck.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote