View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #827
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I did not use fastboot on my demo K4. I modified ixtab's method described here"
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2202022

Instead of dealing with fastboot and its USB complications, I used dd to copy the main kernel to /dev/mmcblk0 with offset, as described in ixtab's README file, just before I copied the main rootfs to /dev/mmcblk0p1 with dd.

That is great for a K4 (and even a K4 demo), but on a K5 you still need fastboot to get diags+ssh on it.

I did not even use MfgTool, but instead eureka's imx_usb_downloader tool, to boot to diags.

I do not see why fastboot wouldn't work on a K4 demo, but I do not have time to try it right now. Try ixtab's method.
Does the kernel dd offset in ixtab's README work for both K4 and K5 because I think it explicitly mentions K5 there.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote