Thread: Lee Child
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
And his weapons-play isn't always accurate e.g. - shotgun has HOW much spread at that range? Not even with square shot, lol. I still like the character.
Same here. My wife turned me on to the Reacher books because she heard that the weapons and tactics were so detailed and accurate.

I admire that even when Child is wrong, Reacher says it with such earnest confidence and authority that I'm willing to suspend disbelief. In Reacher's universe, I'm convinced he's absolutely correct in all cases. Even when he says he prefers to headbutt people because he doesn't want to hurt his hands....

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote