View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Enxss
Enxss began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox N96
Boox M92 Firmware Update Issue

I recently purchased a Boox M92 which came loaded with Firmware version 1.6.20111117. When attempting to update the firmware to version 1.7.20120607, as provided by Booxster in his "Firmware updates, dictionaries, fonts and third-party software for M92" thread, the device is responding "No Update Found."

I believe that I am following the update procedure correctly. I downloaded the firmware update file, update-20120607.zip, directly to the root directory of my SD card. I them turned off the device and restarted it while depressing the OK/Joystick button. The reader indicates that it is searching for a firmware update but never finds it.

In reviewing the user manual for the reader it states on page 38 under Software Updates that the file name should be "onyx_update.upd". As Booxster's file is a zip, I attempted to unzip it in the hopes of finding an .upd file. Unfortunately, update-20120607.zip is password protected.

I also tried searching the Onyx International web site at http://www.onyx-international.com/en for the .upd file mentioned in the user guide. But there is no such update available. Is there an alternative source for the firmware update other than Booxster's thread?

The update procedure appears easy enough. Can anyone help me to understand what I am missing?

Last edited by Enxss; 07-13-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Enxss is offline   Reply With Quote