Thread: kobo or kindle
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 03:31 AM   #8
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornoviiQueen View Post
How do you you know if a book you want to buy has the drm before you actually buy it?
Generally on Amazon.co.uk, under the 'Product Details' (along with things like format, publisher, etc) if there is a line stating "Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited", that means it's DRM-free. If that isn't included (and mostly it isn't), then the book has DRM.

If you are comparing the Kobo Wireless (the one that's less than £70) and the Kindle, I prefer the latter. I didn't like the basic Kobo I played with, it seemed quite slow and clunky, but I was quite impressed with the Kobo Touch. However, like you I wasn't impressed with not being able to pick it up and get a feel of it in my hand, I can do that with the Kindle in Tesco, but the Kobo's in WH Smith were firmly attached to the display
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote