View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #6
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you really need to use a memory card? I found that I could comfortably carry 100+ books in the internal memory with no difficulty, with is about a year's reading for me.
Examples of useful things, other than your current ebooks, that could be carried in a Reader:
- newspapers and magazines. (Also, you might often want to save articles for a little while, so wind up saving old issues.)
- Schedules, found in PDF, like from your gym or favorite sports team.
- Reference material for work.
- Deferred web reading, captured via Bookit.
- Operating manuals for your various devices and appliances.
- PDF publications. Like the 2009 Fuel Economy Guide, or tax publications.
- A surfeit of "good intentions" Classics.
- Tutorials. Technical, language-learning, etc.
- Dictionary(s).
- Religious texts (Bibles, Korans, etc.), even if you're not religious, just to look up stuff.
- etc.

It really depends on your preferences about information vs. overload and clutter.

After two weeks of ownership, I have come close to filling my PRS-505's internal memory, so have offloaded stuff to an SD card. That's with most of my ebooks not yet loaded.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote