View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #45
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Sigil add words in user wordlists to the current hunspell dictionary when first opened and so suggestions are generated from words from user wordlist words in Sigil.
Had a gut feeling that Sigil might not have the issue, that's why I qualified with a "But...". Maybe it's calibre that has the issue - but its spellchecker is multi-lingual Ψ²

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Oxt files are just zip archives. So any zip utility can unpack them. All you need are the .dic and .aff files. The hyphenation and thesaurus dictionarys are not used or currently installed. So just unzip the .oxt file and install them.
The hyphenation dictionaries are installed. And manual says they must be installed for additional standard dictionaries.

Quote:
To add other standard dictionaries, such as ones found at the OpenOffice Dictionaries site, download, extract, and copy the files, e.g. en_GB.​aff, en_GB.​dic, hyph_en_GB.dic to the "hunspell_dictionaries" directory location and restart Sigil.
If something were built in as suggested, new users wouldn't be tempted to put the files in the install directories as a couple of my non-Anglo colleagues did. They looked for something in Preferences->Spellcheck Dictionaries. They're - "RTFM! - what's that?, tl:dr? - absolutely" - millenials

@Doitsu - my enquiry re a utility still stands.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	154386  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote