View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #43
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Anybody who wants to spellcheck German epubs with lots of contractions can simply use a custom word list.
Will Sigil use a custom word list as a source for suggestions, I have a feeling it doesn't. But, I maybe thinking of other software that uses the hunspell dictionaries and similar spell checking dialogues to those in Sigil. I don't have Sigil on this device so I can't check.

@Doitsu - do you know of any utilities to add words to an existing hunspell dictionary. I've looked around a couple of times, all I've ever found were instructions on how to do it manually, which isn't exactly suited to occasional use.

I'm thinking of something that would work through a word list, prompting whether to add each word (discarded words could be put in a file for the tool's subsequent use), and for any additional properties needed for the .dic, the hyph_?.dic, and the .aff file entries - and optionally the .dat and the .idx files (curious - what uses them). A standalone utility, not something built into Sigil itself, or a plugin, or anything similar.

Assuming it exists, such a utility would help address 'word lists not used for suggestions' issue. To use the revised dictionary in Sigil one would need to add it to "...\sigil-ebook\sigil\hunspell_dictionaries" as a custom dictionary.

@KevinH - would be nice if Sigil could process the OXTs that one wants to use as custom dictionaries and extract what it needs, rather than having to do it manually. I screwed up several times when I first I wanted to add some.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote