View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #174
gosmo
gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just got replacement #2. It is probably the best of all 3, color-splotch wise. It still has some shades of pink but they blend into the screen much better, they are far less pronounced. But now I got a tiny pin hole! It's only really annoying at full brightness, barely noticeable at dark room levels.

It's definitely not what I expected when I pre ordered this product, I never seen so many variances in brand new replacements. That said, it is still far better than using external lights at night.

I'm beginning to have guilt on the environmental impact of producing multiple Kindles, shipping them back and fourth through the country by Air - just so I can exchange a pin hole problem for a worse color splotch problem. For that reason alone I will keep concede and keep this Kindle. Amazon needs to step up their QC.
gosmo is offline   Reply With Quote