View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #170
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcg. View Post
I really like this idea! Maybe you could use something like a canvas element to just do all the ui in the browser.
That is what AJAX programming is all about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcg. View Post
ARM systems are built to run on one core using the other chips as peripherals, rather than treating resources sensibly. Thanks for the link.
Unless your ARM system has a multicore CPU like the Tegra 3. It is the design of individual applications that determines how well (or if) they can use mutliple cores. Many (most?) apps are not very good at multicore processing. But there is no reason for YOU to be limited to that. You CAN write distributed apps that use multiple cores (or run on different operating systems on different internetworked computers). Personally, I have written C distributed apps that maintained synchronization via UDP network packets, with each having their own copy of the database to support network-parallel lookups. Each computer on the distributed network was tasked with their own portion of the lookup task, giving a linear speed increase.

There are books written on the subject, but you can design your own from scratch -- I recommend reading some of the books first though...

For the LAMP approach, try your hand at some AJAX programming (part of the code runs on the web server and part of it on the web browser)...

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-20-2012 at 06:30 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote