View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I think it's a very solid update. However, it is really annoying to see that the iOS version of the Kindle app only supports the old mobi engine for personal documents, which never gets updated with any of the new features and makes books look and feel really crappy (much of this has to do with the fact that it does not support proper hyphenation and popup footnotes).
I get a lot of expensive ebooks via my university's library, books I would never buy directly (but rather just copy the chapters that I need for work) and I really do not like reading them on the Kindle app (and annotations often are too clunky on eink). This is just a small thing perhaps, but I am convinced that I'd feel much better using Amazon's system (and possibly spend more money on it) if I knew that they would treat the personal documents I send them in the same way that they are treating their books. After 15 years, I still feel like I haven't found the ecosystem I really want to stay with and part of my reluctance to spend a lot of money on it comes from the fact that I don't know if there will be a better system coming around at some point in the future and holding back makes moving over easier.
I also really don't get why they haven't switched personal documents over to kfx. That would solve any problem users are having with them.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote