View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 02:50 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntamas View Post
Can someone tell me how to translate an epub or rather a mobi file into another language?
Simply unzip the epub file and translate the following:
  1. All HTML files
  2. The NCX file
  3. The OPF file
However, it might be easier to simply translate the .docx file file that the epub was generated from and to re-generate the translated book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntamas View Post
With which programs can I do the translation?
You'll need to use a CAT program.

I'd recommend Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0, which was GPLed by the developer a couple of years ago. (Download HSStudio_UE_8_3_1_Win_x64_JRE.zip from the Dropbox folder, if you have a 64bit Windows machine.)
If you want to translate the epub files, you'll have to change the file extension of the .opf and .ncx files to .xml and all HTML files will need to have an .html extension.

If you find Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 too complicated also check out OmegaT, which is somewhat easier to use.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote