View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Something Sigil Can't Do?!?

A friend asked me to clean up his 26 MEGABYTE epub!!! I said alright figuring it was just a bunch of enormous images that could be squished down to a reasonable size and some nasty bloat like:

<div class="paragraph"><p class="p"><span><font class="normal">Blah Blah <span class="italic">BLAH</span><span class="normaltext">!</span> And furthermore <span class="boldfont">Blahdy Blah</span><span class="normaltext">...</span></font></span></p></div>

I could easily make into:
<p>Blah Blah <em>BLAH</em>! And furthermore <strong>Blahdy Blah...</strong></p>

But nooooo......what do I find......

307 .png images of each page of a book!!!

I would certainly HOPE that a "reputable" company would not create such a mess....or maybe it was someones miserable attempt at a fixed layout?? In any case, I told him to get his money back and buy a different copy from a different bookseller...maybe one that was a reasonable <1Mb file.

Soooo.....can we get Sigil to add a button/function to OCR all the selected images and put them in proper html/epub-ese??? Pretty Please???
[/sarcasm]
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote