Thread: MobileRead December 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
It is explained in the nomination thread.

Personally, I don't think discussing books that are tangentially related to religion should be dis-allowed. I say tangentially because unless someone nominates the Books of Matthew and Luke chapters 1 and 2 most of the books that will be nominated (or at the very least selected) for this category will only be loosely related to religion. See A Christmas Carol or Die Hard.
The film Die Hard was based on the novel Nothing Lasts Forever by Roderick Thorp. If "Stories with a Christmas theme" wins, I'll nominate it if no one else does, and I'll vote for it if it wins the nomination. For my money, nothing says Christmas like an office Christmas party that turns deadly. The lone New York City cop is surely symbolic of Santa, while the gang of international terrorists are like his misfit elves. Hilarity ensues when they mistakenly leave bombs behind instead of presents.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote