View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
spinee
spinee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I've seen the same behavior with 1.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineGal View Post
My Nook Simple touch did an auto update from v1.0.1 to v1.1.0.

Now, after the upgrade, I get a message "Activity Reader Not Responding: Wait/Force Close".

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I originally bought the Nook Simple Touch to replace a print Study Bible. The print version was quite a large book (about 1500pp print) and was heavy to carry around. Plus, I liked being able to bookmark/highlight the ebook version (as we skip around quite a bit in class).
i'm currently reading a largish (1500pp) book as well, and am seeing similar behavior even with the old firmware. the book has hundreds of endnotes, as well as dozens of endnotes to the endnotes. occasionally when jumping back and forth between the various levels of notes or searching for a particular phrase, i will see this message.

i suspect it's just a safety measure to allow you to get out of a potential infinite-waiting situation when the nook believes it's taken too long for a task to complete. in each case, i have told it to wait and it comes back within a minute.

it sounds like possibly 1.1.0 uses a little more of the processor's horsepower so you might be seeing this more frequently than i. i haven't updated my firmware to 1.1.0 due to the reported problem with reverting to page 1 in a book, and if this is a further problem i think i'll just skip this version entirely. i hope another update is in the works to fix these problems, but the original is perfectly acceptable until then.
spinee is offline   Reply With Quote