View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #44
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyor View Post
I'm thinking about putting together a Sony font package for new users, so it's a bit more easily accessable.
That's a great idea, Leyor. I wish you luck with it.

I had an itch for experimentation again and decided to try out two new fonts. Of the three presented here, I'm going with Vollkorn for now with some extra line-height via CSS---I like the font very much but feels a bit cramped vertically.

Georgia (these two come with standard Windows installations)
Palatino Linotype
Vollkorn

My preference is for serif fonts with darker strokes than the default, yet I didn't like LexiaDaMa when I tried it. I don't like the Kindle's Caecilia either, so not a surprise.

EDIT: Made a mistake. Uploaded a corrected image for the Vollkorn example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	georgia.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	73209   Click image for larger version

Name:	palatinol.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	73210   Click image for larger version

Name:	vollkorn03.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	73218  

Last edited by viviena; 06-23-2011 at 09:45 AM.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote