View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 02:28 AM   #38
DD1509
Enthusiast
DD1509 doesn't litterDD1509 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
I don't wear glasses and I'd like to keep it this way. My eyes get tired in less than half an hour reading on my iPhone. I like e-ink, because under bright light it's easy on my eyes and I can read for hours.

BUT, the iPad has an IPS screen. I like IPS screens - I stare at one all day, without any eye fatigue.

If the screen on the iPad is anything like the screens on the couple of IPS monitors I have, I'd be perfectly happy reading on it, and dumping my Kindle. My main issue is the sub-10" size of the screen, which is too small for PDFs (and the possible lack of Flash.)
Sorry just had to comment on this mis-conception!

You cannot "save" your vision nor eliminate the possibility of needing glasses based on any source which you read from, incuding any screen technology.

To date not ONE doctor has ever released research to indicate that you can negatively impact your eyesight by reading in poor light or by reading on any source of book, screen, computer screen, back-lighted screen, etc.

Your eyesight, good or bad, is not a reflection on how your read or what medium you read on.

Your eyesight is a wonderful miracle that unfortunately depreciates with age. When you get older (and this is a wide timeframe) the muscles in your eye can no longer contract in the fashion necessary to focus.

So, it is a mere rumor that you can negatively impact your eyesight based upon the device in which you read on.

If you get headaches or other such issues it is likely you are simply dealing with the progression of vision loss due to age or possibly other eye-health issues.

You cannot blame it on any form of screen technology available today unless you happen to have some form of eye illness.
DD1509 is offline   Reply With Quote