View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #15
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
One of the problems Kivid suffers from is that many people gave him karma long ago when their karma giving levels were lower. A lot of the people he helps are just starting out and can give only a few karma points (remember back to the start when you were asking questions and when you gave karma it was just one or two points?)

It is human nature to to not give karma twice for the same thing. So even though Kovid improves Calibra (and the name it went by before that), most people who use the program will not give karma for it again. The update/new version notices occur, not in MobileRead forums; but, as a popup when you start Calibre.

Some time ago Fictionwise adopted Calibre as their conversion tool of choice for making the LRF multi-format ebooks they offer. It has been a significant source of revenue for them since. (Well, at least from me it has as I have purchased more there than I have from the Sony Store.)

So this Labor Day weekend as you watch and pledge money to Jerry Lewis and the MD Telethon, take a few moments and give what you have or all that you have in karma to Kovid. You will sleep better tonight knowing that you have done the right thing.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote