View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
I wanted to make sure that I'm interpreting the results of mobiunpack correctly.

I'm basically using mobiunpack to tell if my imported file is mobi8 or mobi7 as I'm not able to tell by looking at the kindle content file and/or the calibre file without using something like mobi meta editor and looking at the file heading.

If mobi7, mobiunpack offers me only the unpack option.
If mobi8, then mobiunpack offers unpack and KF8 to epub options.

If the file is mobi8 and I want to send it to my e-ink kindle then I would need to either download from amazon or convert mobi to mobi. Conversion results in a mobi file (mobi7) and orig_mobi (mobi8). As long as I don't delete the orig_mobi file then I have still have access to the kf8 file if I use the restore original feature.

Ok, am I making this too hard? Is there an easier way to determine if a file is mobi7 or mobi8 then using MobiUnpack?

Thanks!
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote