View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 10:33 PM   #8
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
Listen, I contacted Kobo CS after the Clara came out and asked why it didn’t have native Overdrive integration like the KA1, when it is a newer device. A CS service rep said it was to differentiate their products. I asked a different CS service rep if the Clara was going to get Overdrive integration and was told it was unlikely, that they wanted to
keep that on the premium KA1 only, and not on the other devices like Aura, H2O, or Clara. A couple WEEKS later, firmware update brings Overdrive integration to the Clara and H2O.

These CS reps don’t know everything happening in all departments. Obviously they don’t know about software development, for features OR bug fixes. Would they even know about engineering decisions or timelines for hardware issues?

Their job is 50% to make you feel better, and 50% to help you, and with help it basically comes back to placing an order, or making a return. I don’t think they are that well trained even on helping you set up and use the device beyond buying a book off the kobo store.
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote