Thread: Holly Black
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 09:24 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I read "Tithe", by her, back in the day. I liked it, but I find that I'm really not interested in the YA characters in general. Too far away from my own age that their dilemmas and angst no longer resonate. So since Black seems to concentrate on YA, I haven't read anything else by her.

So my rule of thumb is that if a book's protagonist is described as being aged 16 or 17, I normally ignore it, even if it's written by a favorite author who's now trying to skim some of that YA cash.
To me, it depends on the YA book. Some do not feel like YA books. Age doesn't matter. The story matters.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote