View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
So if one needs an editor, the only way to get a good one is to hunt him down and winkle him out of wherever he's hiding? This is going to be harder than I thought!

I'm interested in this because I may, in the mid-term future, need editorial services. (nothing in your line, I'm afraid; it's a rather mundane book about websites) In any event, if I do need such services, I'd like to throw some business the way of a fellow MR member, assuming there's one with the appropriate expertise. Hence my service directory idea.

Ah, well, another one of my bright ideas that's shiny on only one side.
Actually, I think it is a good idea. As with any professional service, you first have to know who offers it and then you have to do your homework before hiring, but it certainly does no harm in asking people to identify what they do. I kinow I had a great deal of difficulty in finding a programmer who could code in VBA because people don't indicate what they do in their signatures on a lot of forums. And who knows how many programmers I simply passed by who would have been glad for the work and a good fit for my needs simply because I didn't know. Knowledge is power and one way to get knowledge is to have someone thrust it at you.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote