View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannieju View Post
Hi.
I'm new to e-Books, and have had my new Kindle for about a month. I love it for the books I can buy, but of course would like to use the .mobi free books as well. I have downloaded two books in .mobi format which are supposed to work for Kindle, but although I can see it in my J drive (kindle memory) in the ebooks folder while I have the USB attached, when I unhook the usb cable, look in Kindle HOME, no new book is there. Have I missed a step? Two, maybe? Thanks. jeannieju
If I'm understanding you correctly, while you have the kindle attached with the USB cord to your computer, you need to place the books in your 'documents' folder. Let us know if this helps.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 12-07-2008 at 05:40 PM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote