View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 10:54 AM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Roy had his second chance and blew it, and affirmed his poor choices at more than one stage.

Iris could have redeemed him after he met (and impregnated) her, but he rejected her in favor of Memo, and that after Memo had consistently revealed her true nature to him and Pop also had warned him. Moreover, in his final chance, he continued to hit those fouls at the dwarf instead of knocking one out of the park and it was only when the last one misfired and he knocked out Iris instead, that he had his ephiphany. By then, it was too late - but he'd had his chance.

I admit, I did laugh at Roy's thinking, "Christ, another one," when Iris stood up that last time. Roy is not a nice person, but he's certainly been damaged, and going back before he was gut-shot.
Who says people should get only one chance at redemption? Roy had been stomped on by fate so many times, still was a fundamentally decent guy, and was destroyed after he tried belatedly to do the right thing. That's a pretty horrible message.

I just realized that Bump was destroyed when he tried to be a good player. Parallel?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote