View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #1
Nabeel
Zealot
Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Seeking Soldiers' Memoirs of Suez Crisis (1956)

I'm interested in reading first-hand accounts by ordinary soldiers in the Suez Crisis. I've checked my usual sources - I usually find abebooks search engine very useful - and found almost nothing. (Guy Claisse, Suez 1956, published in 2006 is the one exception.) I'm particularly interested in accounts by British soldiers, but I can read French, and I'd certainly look at accounts by Israelis or Egyptians if they were translated into English.

I think I can see what's happening: all soldiers have memories, but they tend to only write them down if the conflict they were involved in counts as glorious (or, at least, as important). Suez is only remembered as a mistake, so publishers aren't interested.

Any help or advice welcomed!

Thank you in advance

Nabeel
Nabeel is offline   Reply With Quote