View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 10:44 PM   #48
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
My (epub2 compatible) epub3 test book displayed standard ligatures in ADE 2 and 3 but not in ADE 4.5. This might be an ADE 4.5 font issue or, more likely, there's a mistake in my CSS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
From memory, the latest (and last?) version of RMSDK and ADE uses Readium for its epub 3 compatibility, and not the same renderer as legacy RMSDK that Kobo, Sony etc use.
@ Doitsu,
I don't use ADE so can't test this myself. If what sherman suggests is correct and ADE 4.5 uses Readium for its epub 3 compatibility you might like to try adding
Code:
text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;
to your body class CSS style. This certainly works to display standard ligatures in the Kobo kepub renderer which honours some epub3 features. That's assuming the font being used actually contains some standard ligatures, of course.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote