Thread: PRS-T1 Dictionary Freezing
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 02:01 PM   #7
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Well, I am not British, yet I never needed to open up any dictionary. Thus I do not know whether my T1 has this issue or not, but I know it works like in the first day.
Yeah, like all my tools that do not need internet but can, I did not connected it to internet.

People do strange and unnecessary things to their toys then complain they do not work anylonger.
The dictionary on the Sony T-series readers does not require the internet. Using the dictionary built in to the device is not a strange and unnecessary thing. A number of people had problems with the T1 dictionary lockup so it was apparently something wrong with the device, not user error.

I am a native English speaker. Whether I use the dictionary when reading books in English varies depending on the book. Some authors like to use a lot of unusual words and although I can usually figure them out from the context I do sometimes like to check the dictionary.

Also, the Sony readers include translation dictionaries for several other languages. If I am reading a book where the characters occasionally speak a few words in one of these other languages I like to look those up.

If DoctorM really likes Sonys and wants another one, he/she might be able to find a used PRS-T2 or T3. We've had a few people here (RCentros comes to mind as a collector of used readers) who have found used Sonys on ebay and other auction sites. I haven't tried a T2 myself but others here have reported that they are bug-free. And my T3 hardly ever required a restart. I still use it sometimes and it works well.

If DoctorM is ready to move on to another brand of ereader there's always the "which one should I buy" forum
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote