View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Well, I think to spend $300+ on a special device for reading books does mean you are rather devoted to the pastime. Most people aren't and it seems a bit silly or extreme to them. I do think the stand-alone reading device is just a stop on the road and I'm not entirely convinced the e-ink will be the winning display technology. Time will tell. Still, as a fairly voracious reader, having a device like this still makes sense. I think the slim, readable, efficient multifunction tablet of my dreams is still a few years off so for now I'm happy to be saving money, space, time and effort with my Kindle.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote