View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #193
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
Sorry to post in an old thread.
Has anyone with older firmware (say 5.0.1) had any success with Inverted Portrait mode? As it's mentioned in other threads all other modes work except this. In fact, in the file '/etc/xdg/awesome/lab126_orientation.lua', there is a clue. I tried to uncomment the line when it says "-- [DOWN] = true" but it doesn't seem to be affective. Can anyone please do a quick doublecheck for me?
The supported orientations are specified in the application registry (appreg.db), independently for each application, in the "supportedOrientation" property. They are enforced by the ScreenRotationService implementation. There's a bit more voodoo happening as well (and I don't know how exactly it works for WAF apps), but that's the idea. Check the "all rotations" patch source (FW 5.1.x, obviously) for a few more clues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
Off-topic: And by the way, in my experience, the screen refresh is messed up in FW 5.1.0 and up... Reading books seems faster in good old 5.0.1. I'm not unhappy with not upgrading my firmware!
Most of the people (including myself) say the opposite: subjectively, reading generally got better with 5.1.x. And I don't think it's a wise choice to keep an old version: you stay with all the bugs, security holes, and missing features - and you're probably cutting yourself off from much of the development here, which naturally is targetted at the most up-to-date versions. But in the end, you're of course free to do whatever you want
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote