View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
MCSmarties
Enthusiast
MCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by malawayfromhome View Post
MCSMARTIES (#1) method worked very well up to
"Remove unnecessary apps " - "I selected the following apps, made a backup and then deleted them".
I do not see a delete area, also I do not see the titles as MCSMARTIES has shown am I missing something. Any chance of further help please
You need to find the app name (different from the filename - sorry, I didn't write them down at the time), click on backup, then later delete/unsinstall them. You should see a confirmation screen listing the file name before you fully commit to uninstalling.

Be careful! The more tweaks you apply, the higher the risk. Removing phone.apk WILL freeze your reader, even though you should be able to recover from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ines View Post
I am stuck at the point where I downloaded the restore set for firmware 1.0.04.12210, unzipped it, ran flash_reader.bat. The reader rebooted and is hanging in "Opening book" forever...
First of all, I'm afraid that I must be really blunt here.

I CANNOT HELP IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH THE ROOTING.

The warning at the beginning of my guide is there for a reason, and it means exactly what it says: YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!

I did not write any of these tools and I don't have any particular knowledge about them. I simply listed what I found to work for ME. Do NOT, repeat NOT, think you can just follow this guide without worrying about a thing. These are hacks, you are modifying your reader in ways it was never meant to be.
If you are unwilling to take the risk of bricking your device, just don't do it!

So no, I'm afraid that I don't KNOW how you can proceed.

First, did you wait long enough? It does take up to several minutes. Be patient!
Did you try a soft reset?
If that doesn't work, did you try a hard reset?
Maybe connect your reader to your PC and then try to reset it?

If you find something that works please do share. Like I said, I'm just listing what worked for me, without any deeper insight...
MCSmarties is offline   Reply With Quote