View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #386
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Here's what I've found:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkJacq View Post
if you press a name so as to enter the mentions, nothing happens and the book hangs up, only be able to get out by pressing the Home Button
This seems to be happening when a character has a blank description, so I have added "No description available" text when one is not available and it seems to be working. A new version of the app (g) has been uploaded to fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkJacq View Post
I use the Metadata and ANSI Amazon Number from the English version even noting that the book is the Spanish Version. The Book appears in Amazon Spain, but the X-Ray Builder doesnt accept that ID. Maybe there is a problem using an Spanish Version with English Metadata?
The connection with Amazon won't affect the X-Ray, but it changes how the author profile and start/end actions will be built. I used the Amazon Spain ASIN (B006H2O704) and set the builder to Spain. No author page was located on the ES page so it fell back to US for the author, then used the ES page to build the rest and that seemed to work fine. You should still be ok to use the US ASIN, but the main thing is changing the Region setting in the builder.

The chapters weren't being detected because they are called "capitulo", which I suppose I should look into as far as supporting multiple languages. The new version will at least detect chapters for this book.

I also noticed that you had an alias for "Rodrigo Borgia" that was just "Vi" which might have also caused some issues (as well as a space before 'Borgia' in one). There is an issue with the builder matching whole words that I need to work on. Short words like 'Vi' will end up matching many incorrect places such as 'visita' and 'evidente'.

For the issues with getting the X-Ray to open after putting a new one on the Kindle, I updated my firmware and started experiencing the same thing. Sometimes it would display an error, sometimes it just wouldn't open the X-Ray at all.
By opening a different book, then going back to the one I'm working with, it seemed to let me open the X-Ray again. Seems like the database isn't getting closed properly, even when the book is closed.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote