View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 04:21 PM   #381
HawkJacq
HawkJacq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019
New One Questions...

Good Day,

First of all I would like to congratulate about this outstanding application and the effort put on it. This is my first post but I have spent days reading your posts.

Some weeks ago, I bought my first Kindle, Voyage version, and although I am not a great reader I have really enjoyed it and the first fears about buying something expensive that I would not use, quickly disappeared because I have used it a lot.

A few days ago I discovered Calibre,learned how to use it, and know I finally built my first X-Ray for a book. I wasnt easy but its done. From this first experience, I would like to bother with some questions:

1.- The X-Ray Builder showed and error with the Chapters. If you open the file with the the Notepad its empty. How do you create Chapters? I saw the post info, but what is "Name", "Start" and "End"?

2.- Goodreads have only 9 characters of the book for which I created X-Ray. But in the last pages of the book there is a list of all characters that appear in the book. I was mistaken, because I believed that adding all that names in the "Alias" File, would make them appear in the X - Ray structure. But that didnt happened. The same 9 were showed even I populated the Alias File with more than 30. Is there a way to add more characters to the data given by Goodreads so as to make them appear in the X - Ray structure? I am interested in that information due to the fact that in books with lots of characters, X - Ray is very useful to remember a name read some time ago.

3.- My mother languaje is spanish. Even though I have no problem with English Books, I prefer to read Spanish versions. I own a very famous saga of Books in paper version and english languaje. Now I have it in my Kindle in spanish from a Spain Editor. The problem is that Spain tends to change the characters names trying to translate them. So, the names of the english version are different compared with the Spanish one. Is it posible, to use the Alias File to put the Spanish names next to its English names, so as to make X-Ray work properly considering that Goodreads use the English version?

Thanks for your time and effort...
HawkJacq is offline   Reply With Quote